About Electrical Engineering Department
This new age, the age of Technology, dawned with the discovery of Electricity and the subsequent development of Electrical Engineering. Equipped with modern infrastructure and supported by a team of competent faculty members, the Electrical Department at FAMT was set up in 1997. FAMT understands the importance of Electrical Engineering and is fully capable of meeting the expectations of young aspiring Engineers. The Electrical Engineering Department emphasizes on rigorous training in analytical and experimental techniques, effectively giving students an integrated approach and a thorough understanding of how to solve the problems and more importantly, equip them to face the challenges in Industry.
These laboratories host a wide range of modern equipments. The Department is also equipped with an advanced computer centre apart from the centralized one which houses 32 PIV PCs. Modern Engineering simulation software like MATLAB® is used to aid experiments and illustrate the theory. The Departmental library is an additional academic resource available to students. A separate reading room is also available in the Department for students who wish to access the Departmental library. The success of the Department is reflected through the projects carried out by the students. Some of them, especially the Green House Automation, have received many national awards. Our commitment towards holistic development has seen our students perform exceptionally well in many national level and university examinations and being awarded with many prizes in various co-curricular activities.
The final year B.E. students have also grabbed the second position at University of Mumbai for 3 consecutive years. The Department’s Students Association – ‘Electrical Engineering Students Association’ (EESA) promotes Industry-Institution interaction. EESA arranges frequent visits to industries to keep students abreast of all developments in the field. Also, activities like Group Discussions (GDs), Personal Interviews (PIs), Technical Paper Presentations, Report Writing, etc. are organized for students to develop their technical as well as managerial skills.The outcome of this infrastructure can be seen through the projects created by the students. Some of the projects especially green house automation has received many national awards. Department is committed towards the versatile development of the students. Because of this, they have topped all India level exams; secured university ranks and even have received many prizes in Extracurricular and co curricular activities, sports at university/state/national level. Department arranges frequent field visits to industries to keep abreast of all the development in the market.Department also promotes the faculty to update their knowledge through short-term courses, seminars, conferences etc as well as deputes faculty for higher studies. As a faculty, members have also presented research papers at national and international level.
Undergraduate Course Objectives
- To impact quality and training, so as to produce quality engineers who can cater for the challenges in industries and excel globally.
- To device a teaching learning process of high standard through state of the art teaching pedagogy and meticulous, continual assessment of the learning process
- To promote the versatile development of the students, give training in interpersonal skills, development of managerial skills, communication skills and general awareness
- To produce morally, ethically and socially responsible citizen who will be research oriented, passionate and creative with entrepreneurs skills
- To interact with small scale industries making Engineering education more relevant to rural India and getting ‘In-House’ solution to country self reliant
- To incorporate the necessary changes in the lab, technical knowledge and research techniques etc, to stay abreast of all the development in Electrical Engineering and Related Fields
10,393 total views, 8 views today