About Mechanical Engineering Department
Being the largest Department of the Academy with an approved intake of 120 students in Under Graduate level (UG) and 18 students in Post Graduate programme (PG) of M.E. Mechanical (Machine Design); the Department of Mechanical Engineering has carved a niche for itself by offering the most competent instructional programmes with an objective to develop outstanding technocrats in the field of Mechanical Engineering who will play a catalytic role to change the social and technological scenario of the nation. Fostering students through continuous support for higher studies has resulted in many students pursuing their post graduate studies having scored well in entrance exams like GATE, GRE, CAT and others.
The Department is fully equipped with well-established laboratories and workshops spread over ample floor space with assets above `100 lacs. Facilities include a state-of-the-art CAD/CAM/CAE centre having a capacity of 41 high configuration computer terminals with latest versions of application software like Solid Works (60-Users), CAM works (60- Users) AutoCAD (40-Users), AutoDesk Inventor (20- Users), ANSYS (30-Users), SDRC IDEAS (05 -Users), CATIA (01- User).
Scientifically engineered training programmes, guidance for innovative product development, career guidance sessions, interventions on personality development, Entrepreneurship development programmes and technical competitions etc. enrich student knowledge.
Students are encouraged to participate in various Co-curricular and Extra-Curricular events such as paper presentations in technical symposia, National and International Conferences and several sports and cultural events with prize money schemes to ensure that students develop into well-groomed professionals. Active students’ chapters like MESA, ISTE, ISHRAE, SIPOC, T and P cell with activities like AUTODAY, Guest Lectures; assist in Training and Placement in various areas to bridge the gap between theory education and on-field practices. Nodal Centre of MSME and Govt. of India is associated with FAMT to nurture the entrepreneurial spirit of young engineers and convert their ideas into real products.
As the result of the collective efforts, meritorious students regularly get placed on and off campus. Companies like Finolex Industries, Godrej & Boyce, L&T, JSW, Posco, Infosys, TCS, Tata Motors etc. have been visiting our campus each year.
OBJECTIVES OF MECH ENGG DEPTT.
- To prepare students for successful careers and lifelong learning.
- To train students thoroughly in methods of analysis including the mathematical and computational skills appropriate for engineers to use when solving problems.
- To develop skills pertinent to the design process, including the students’ ability to formulate problems, to think creatively, to communicate effectively, to synthesize information and to work collaboratively.
- To teach students to use current experimental and data analysis techniques for engineering applications.
- To instill in the students an understanding of their professional, social and ethical responsibility.
- To produce Mechanical engineers possessing a firm understanding of science, mathematics and engineering, needed to carry out complex tasks which are important to a modern technological society.
- To design, conduct, and analyze experimental tests of practical systems and products; and make students to understand and work on same so as to develope the technical diversity required to develop new products and processes, and use this understanding to work effectively in multi-disciplinary teams.
- To prepare our students to adapt to the rapid advances and changes in technology, and to serve as agents and leaders in effecting these changes, while being cognizant of the needs and concerns of the society at large.
15,064 total views, 15 views today