About Electronics Engineering Department
Eelectronics Engineering Department started in 1996 with an annual intake of 60 students. The Department is equipped with electronic testing and measuring equipment such as Oscilloscopes, Digital Storage Oscilloscopes, Function Generators, Multimeters, LCR Meters etc. The Department is also equipped with microprocessor and microcontroller kits, instrumentation kits, and advanced communication kits so that students can learn about all the necessary hardware before they enter the professional environment. The world around us is changing very fast, with new models of mobile phones, digital cameras, audio and video players and home appliances being introduced everyday. Electronics Engineering deals with the hardware of all such products. To cater to the needs of the electronic industry, the Department offers electives such as Wireless Communication, Digital Image Processing, Advanced Networking Technologies, DSP and Architecture.
The Department takes initiative in conducting workshops for quality improvement of faculty members in association with IIT Bombay through e-outreach programme. The Department also supports events organized by the students association namely Electronics Students Technical Association (ESTA), where they can demonstrate their talents through events like Robotics workshop, LAN gaming, Paper presentation, Quiz competition, etc. Year 2011 was a memorable year for the Department. One of the students, Ms. Madhura Bhogate, secured first rank in the University of Mumbai in Final year BE examination. Besides, three other students have secured ranks in first 20 toppers.
The Electronics Engineering program is designed to produce graduates who are able to –
- Conduct experiments involving electronic systems using modern test equipment, and interpret and use test results to improve products or methodologies.
- Create and implement high-level and assembly language programs in support of technical activities.
- Use principles of science, mathematics, engineering and technology to design, implement and evaluate hardware and software solutions to complex technical problems.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Apply research and problem-solving skills to support learning at FAMT as well as lifelong personal and professional development.
- Evaluate the broader effects of technology and identify connections between technology and economics, politics, culture, social structure, ethical responsibility, the environment and other areas.
FAMT accomplishes these goals by –
Providing an academic program that develops a sound foundation in mathematics, physics and technology, as well as competencies in a broad spectrum of technical specialty areas such as instrumentation and process controls, microprocessors and computer systems, digital signal processing, and wireless and telecommunications technology. Incorporating into each technical course a strong lab component, including use of computer hardware, design and test automation software, and test equipment for designing and implementing electronic systems.
Integrating general competencies such as applied research, written and oral communication, critical thinking, problem-solving and team skills into technical and non technical courses.
8,302 total views, 7 views today