- About Department
- HoD’s desk
- Vision & Mission
- PEO's & PSO's
- Faculty Details
- Students Related
- News And Events
- Academic Calendar
About Mechanical Engineering Department
The Department has carved a niche for itself by offering the most competent instructional programmes leading to four years B.E. and two years M.E. (Machine Design) degree programs in Mechanical Engineering. The major goal is to develop outstanding technocrats in the field of Mechanical Engineering who will play a catalyst role to change the social and technological scenario of the nation.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Started in year 1997 with sanctioned intake of 60 students at UG (Under Graduate) level.
- Presently with sanctioned intake of:
- 120 students at UG level
- 18 students at Post Graduate level (PG) of M.E. Mechanical (Machine Design)
- Dedicated, experienced and competent faculty members with post graduate and PhD qualifications from IITs, NITs, VJTI and other reputed institutes.
- 17 fully equipped and well-established laboratories including workshop with ample floor space.
- State-of-the-art facilities such as –
- CAD/CAM/CAE centre with high configuration computer terminals with latest versions of application softwares like - ANSYS, Solid Works, CAM works, Auto Desk Inventor, AutoCAD and CATIA.
- Robotics Lab
- Advanced Vibration Measurement and Virtual Instrumentation Lab
- Akash Lab
- Collaborations with industries for mutual interactions, projects, internships, training and placements.
- Value addition through various courses with resource by industry experts
- Enrichment of students through guest lectures, workshops, industrial visits, employability enhancement sessions
- Continuous support for higher studies resulting in many students pursuing their post graduate studies in IITs, NITs, NIDs, many reputed institutes in India and Universities of US, Germany and UK.
- Encouragement for students to participate in various Co-curricular and Extra-Curricular events such as - paper presentations in technical symposia, National and International Conferences, sports and cultural events.
- Active students’ chapters like – ISHRAE, MESA, ISTE resulting in many technical and social activities such as - Auto Day, Auto Expo, etc.
HoD's DeskI believe that - excellence is essentially the desire to perform and Mechanical Engineering Department truly exemplifies it. The Department strives hard to set high level of standards via imparting scientifically designed instructional and training programs. Qualified, experienced and competitive faculty members are well complimented by state of art laboratories, workshop and overall infrastructure helping to inculcate a culture of logical and critical thinking among students to solve scientific and engineering problems in the field of Mechanical Engineering. Workshops/training programs conducted in collaboration with industries/industry experts to impart skills in view to make the students industry ready is one of the key differentiator. I welcome you to the department and hope you will carry away nice memories.
Dr. Milind S Kirkire.
Mechanical Engineering Department.
VISIONTo become a centre of quality education by developing competent engineers who can address challenges in the field of mechanical engineering.
|M1||To establish state of the art facilities in department enabling effective training of students and creating research environment|
|M2||Evolve competent technical professionals through effective delivery of curriculum and contents beyond, which fulfil the needs of industry and society.|
|M3||To inculcate sense of social responsibility and human values amongst the students.|
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
|PEO1||To prepare the Learner with a sound foundation in the mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals.|
|PEO2||To motivate the Learner in the art of self-learning and to use modern tools for solving real life problems.|
|PEO3||To inculcate a professional and ethical attitude, good leadership qualities and commitment to social responsibilities in the Learner’s thought process.|
|PEO4||To prepare the Learner for a successful career in Indian and Multinational Organisations|
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
|PSO1||Students will be able to investigate problems in the fields of design, thermal and manufacturing processes through application of statistical techniques.|
|PSO2||Students will be able to provide computer based automation solutions to manufacturing and process industries.|
Faculty Details of Mechanical Engineering
Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
|Teaching faculty members of Mechanical Engineering|
|1||Dr. Kaushal K. Prasad||M Tech, Ph D||Principal & Professor||USSC||20 Years|
|2||Dr. Milind S. Kirkire||M Tech, Ph D||HOD & Dean Academics & Associate Professor||USSC||13 Years|
|3||Dr. Shashikant S. Goilkar||M E, Ph D||Dean RD & Associate Professor||USSC||17 Years|
|4||Mr. V. Muralimohan||M Tech||Associate Professor||USSC||22 Years|
|5||Mr. Umesh D. Gulhane||M Tech||Associate Professor||USSC||15 Years|
|6||Mr. Milind S. Yadav||M Tech||Associate Professor||USSC||14 Years|
|7||Mr. Vikram S. Chougule||M E (Civil)||Associate Professor||USSC||20 Years|
|8||Mr. Sachin S. Mestry||M E||Asstt. Professor||USSC||14 Years|
|9||Mr. Vidyasheel S. Bagade||M Tech||Asstt. Professor||USSC||14 Years|
|10||Mrs. Abhilasha S. Jadhav||M E (Structures)||Asstt. Professor||USSC||11 Years|
|11||Mrs. Gayatri J. Abhyankar||M E||Asstt. Professor||USSC||11 Years|
|12||Mr. Sumit S. Malusare||M E||Asstt. Professor||USSC||08 Years|
|13||Mr. Harshal R. Salvi||M E||Asstt. Professor||USSC||08 Years|
|14||Mr. Hemant V. Chavan||M E||Asstt. Professor||USSC||08 Years|
|15||Mr. Amar S. Yekane||M Tech||Asstt. Professor||USSC||07 Years|
|16||Mr. Jayesh S. Anavkar||M E||Asstt. Professor||USSC||07 Years|
|17||Mr. Mahadeo L. Naik||M E||Asstt. Professor||USSC||05 Years|
|18||Mr. Shodhan U. Mayekar||M Tech||Asstt. Professor||USSC||01 Year|
|19||Mr. Vikram V. Nagale||M E||Asstt. Professor||Adhoc||04 Years|
|20||Mr. Sachin S. Gurav||M E||Asstt. Professor||Adhoc||04 Years|
|21||Mr. Prabodh B. Horambe||M E||Asstt. Professor||Adhoc||05 Years|
|22||Mr. Tushar V. Kavatkar||M E||Asstt. Professor||Adhoc||04 Year|
|23||Mr. Sagar N. Sakharkar||M Tech||Asstt. Professor||Adhoc||02 Years|
|24||Mr. Dipak V. Patil||M E||Asstt. Professor||Adhoc||02 Years|
|25||Mr. Dayanand G. Potdar||M Tech||Asstt. Professor||Adhoc||02 Years|
|26||Mr. Shivraj D. Kavhale||M Tech||Asstt. Professor||Adhoc||03 Years|
|27||Mr. Abhijit M. Date||M Tech||Asstt. Professor||Adhoc||02 Years|
|28||Mr. Girish D. Pandit||M E||Asstt. Professor||Adhoc||03 Years|
|29||Mr. Pranav P. Thakur||M E (Appeared)||Lecturer||Adhoc||02 Years|
|30||Ms. Priyanka S. Tupe||M E (Appeared)||Lecturer||Adhoc||01 Year|
|31||Mr. Rushikesh M. Rasal||M E (Appeared)||Lecturer||Adhoc||NIL|
|Non-teaching Technical supporting staff members of Mechanical Engineering|
|1.||Mr. Rajendra V. Utekar||I.T.I., N.C.T.V.T. (Welder)||Sr. Tech. Asst.-W/Shop||16 years|
|2.||Mr. Laxman G. Patil||B.Sc., D.C.E., B.Ed.||Tech. Asst.-Mechanical||17 years|
|3.||Mr. Avinash A. Lingayat||I.T.I. (Fitter)||W/Shop Mechanic||13 years|
|4.||Mr. Anand V. Nhivekar||Diploma in Mechanical Engineering||Lab Technician||11 years|
|5.||Mr. Rajesh R. Bhosale||I.T.I. (Turner)||Tech. Asst.-W/Shop||06 years|
|6.||Mr. Vaibhav V. Lohar||Diploma in Mechanical Engineering||Lab Technician - Mechanical||03 Year|
Testimonials by Mechanical Alumni
News and Events of Mechanical Enginering Department
Laboratories of Mechanical Engineering Department
• CAD/CAM/CAE Lab • Advanced Vibration Measurement Lab • Virtual Instrumentation Lab • Mechatronics and Automation Lab • Internal Combustion Engines Lab • Automobile Engineering Lab • Metrology and Measurement Lab • Metallurgy Lab • Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulic Machinery Lab • Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Lab • Strength of Materials Lab • Dynamics of Machinery Lab • Engineering Mechanics Lab • Thermal Engineering and Heat & Mass Transfer Lab • Work Shop – (Carpentry, Fitting, Sheet Metal, Welding, Machine Shop and Smithy)
Academic Calendar of Mechanical Engineering Department
18,926 total views, 96 views today