About Mechanical Engineering Department
Being the largest Department of the Academy with an approved intake of 120 students in Under Graduate level (UG) and 18 students in Post Graduate programme (PG) of M.E. Mechanical (Machine Design); the Department of Mechanical Engineering has carved a niche for itself by offering the most competent instructional programmes with an objective to develop outstanding technocrats in the field of Mechanical Engineering who will play a catalytic role to change the social and technological scenario of the nation. Fostering students through continuous support for higher studies has resulted in many students pursuing their post graduate studies having scored well in entrance exams like GATE, GRE, CAT and others.
The Department is fully equipped with well-established laboratories and workshops spread over ample floor space with assets above `100 lacs. Facilities include a state-of-the-art CAD/CAM/CAE centre having a capacity of 41 high configuration computer terminals with latest versions of application software like Solid Works (60-Users), CAM works (60- Users) AutoCAD (40-Users), AutoDesk Inventor (20- Users), ANSYS (30-Users), SDRC IDEAS (05 -Users), CATIA (01- User).
Scientifically engineered training programmes, guidance for innovative product development, career guidance sessions, interventions on personality development, Entrepreneurship development programmes and technical competitions etc. enrich student knowledge.
Students are encouraged to participate in various Co-curricular and Extra-Curricular events such as paper presentations in technical symposia, National and International Conferences and several sports and cultural events with prize money schemes to ensure that students develop into well-groomed professionals. Active students’ chapters like MESA, ISTE, ISHRAE, SIPOC, T and P cell with activities like AUTODAY, Guest Lectures; assist in Training and Placement in various areas to bridge the gap between theory education and on-field practices. Nodal Centre of MSME and Govt. of India is associated with FAMT to nurture the entrepreneurial spirit of young engineers and convert their ideas into real products.
As the result of the collective efforts, meritorious students regularly get placed on and off campus. Companies like Finolex Industries, Godrej & Boyce, L&T, JSW, Posco, Infosys, TCS, Tata Motors etc. have been visiting our campus each year.
OBJECTIVES OF MECH ENGG DEPTT.
- To prepare students for successful careers and lifelong learning.
- To train students thoroughly in methods of analysis including the mathematical and computational skills appropriate for engineers to use when solving problems.
- To develop skills pertinent to the design process, including the students’ ability to formulate problems, to think creatively, to communicate effectively, to synthesize information and to work collaboratively.
- To teach students to use current experimental and data analysis techniques for engineering applications.
- To instill in the students an understanding of their professional, social and ethical responsibility.
- To produce Mechanical engineers possessing a firm understanding of science, mathematics and engineering, needed to carry out complex tasks which are important to a modern technological society.
- To design, conduct, and analyze experimental tests of practical systems and products; and make students to understand and work on same so as to develope the technical diversity required to develop new products and processes, and use this understanding to work effectively in multi-disciplinary teams.
- To prepare our students to adapt to the rapid advances and changes in technology, and to serve as agents and leaders in effecting these changes, while being cognizant of the needs and concerns of the society at large.
Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
Teaching faculty members of Mechanical Engineering
|1||Dr. Kaushal K. Prasad||M Tech, Ph D||Principal & Professor||USSC||20 Years|
|2||Dr. Milind S. Kirkire||M Tech, Ph D||HOD & Associate Professor||USSC||13 Years|
|3||Dr. Shashikant S. Goilkar||M E, Ph D||Dean RD and Associate Professor||USSC||17 Years|
|4||Mr. V. Muralimohan||M Tech||Associate Professor||USSC||22 Years|
|5||Mr. Umesh D. Gulhane||M Tech||Associate Professor||USSC||15 Years|
|6||Mr. Milind S. Yadav||M Tech||Associate Professor||USSC||14 Years|
|7||Mr. Vikram S. Chougule||M E (Civil)||Associate Professor||USSC||20 Years|
|8||Mr. Sachin S. Mestry||M E||Asstt. Professor||USSC||14 Years|
|9||Mr. Vidyasheel S. Bagade||M Tech||Asstt. Professor||USSC||14 Years|
|10||Mrs. Abhilasha S. Jadhav||M E (Structures)||Asstt. Professor||USSC||11 Years|
|11||Mrs. Gayatri J. Abhyankar||M E||Asstt. Professor||USSC||11 Years|
|12||Mr. Sumit S. Malusare||M E||Asstt. Professor||USSC||08 Years|
|13||Mr. Harshal R. Salvi||M E||Asstt. Professor||USSC||08 Years|
|14||Mr. Hemant V. Chavan||M E||Asstt. Professor||USSC||08 Years|
|15||Mr. Amar S. Yekane||M Tech||Asstt. Professor||USSC||07 Years|
|16||Mr. Jayesh S. Anavkar||M E||Asstt. Professor||USSC||07 Years|
|17||Mr. Mahadeo L. Naik||M E||Asstt. Professor||USSC||05 Years|
|18||Mr. Shodhan U. Mayekar||M Tech||Asstt. Professor||USSC||01 Year|
|19||Mr. Vikram V. Nagale||M E||Asstt. Professor||Adhoc||04 Years|
|20||Mr. Sachin S. Gurav||M E||Asstt. Professor||Adhoc||04 Years|
|21||Mr. Prabodh B. Horambe||M E||Asstt. Professor||Adhoc||05 Years|
|22||Mr. Tushar V. Kavatkar||M E||Asstt. Professor||Adhoc||04 Year|
|23||Mr. Deep S. Bandivdekar||M Tech||Asstt. Professor||Adhoc||03 Years|
|24||Mr. Sagar N. Sakharkar||M Tech||Asstt. Professor||Adhoc||02 Years|
|25||Mr. Dipak V. Patil||M E||Asstt. Professor||Adhoc||02 Years|
|26||Mr. Dayanand G. Potdar||M Tech||Asstt. Professor||Adhoc||02 Years|
|27||Mr. Shivraj D. Kavhale||M Tech||Asstt. Professor||Adhoc||03 Years|
|28||Mr. Abhijit M. Date||M Tech||Asstt. Professor||Adhoc||02 Years|
|29||Mr. Pranav P. Thakur||M E (Appeared)||Lecturer||Adhoc||02 Years|
|30||Ms. Priyanka S. Tupe||M E (Appeared)||Lecturer||Adhoc||01 Year|
|31||Mr. Rushikesh M. Rasal||M E (Appeared)||Lecturer||Adhoc||NIL|
Non-teaching Technical supporting staff members of Mechanical Engineering
|1.||Mr. Rajendra V. Utekar||I.T.I., N.C.T.V.T. (Welder)||Sr. Tech. Asst.-W/Shop||16 years|
|2.||Mr. Laxman G. Patil||B.Sc., D.C.E., B.Ed.||Tech. Asst.-Mechanical||17 years|
|3.||Mr. Avinash A. Lingayat||I.T.I. (Fitter)||W/Shop Mechanic||13 years|
|4.||Mr. Anand V. Nhivekar||Diploma in Mechanical Engineering||Lab Technician||11 years|
|5.||Mr. Rajesh R. Bhosale||I.T.I. (Turner)||Tech. Asst.-W/Shop||06 years|
|6.||Mr. Vaibhav V. Lohar||Diploma in Mechanical Engineering||Lab Technician – Mechanical||03 Year|
Mechanical Engineering Curriculum
Mechanical Engineering Time Table
News and Events of Mechanical Enginering Department
Testimonials by Mechanical Alumni
Training programs in collaboration with industries/industry experts… Four years at FAMT were fabulous. Faculty from Mechanical Engineering department is very much cooperative. Different training programs/ workshops in collaboration with industries/industry experts are regularly conducted by the department which helps to be updated and gives an edge during placements. I had… Read more “Training programs in collaboration with industries/industry experts…”
Best faculty members and great support from them, encouragement for extra and co – curricular activities… I graduated from FAMT in 2009 and presently working in Rolls-Royce Design Center as Design Engineer. I have lots of fond memories which will always be cherished. I had a great support from FAMT… Read more “Best faculty members and great support from them”
Excellent teaching faculty, Spacious and state of the art laboratories, and Ragging free atmosphere… It was June 2005, HSC result was out and it was time for entry to the prosperous world of engineering education. My plan was to opt for Automobile engineering, but seniors suggested me to go for… Read more “Excellent teaching faculty, Spacious and state of the art laboratories”
Laboratories of Mechanical Engineering Department
• CAD/CAM/CAE Lab • Advanced Vibration Measurement Lab • Virtual Instrumentation Lab • Mechatronics and Automation Lab • Internal Combustion Engines Lab • Automobile Engineering Lab • Metrology and Measurement Lab • Metallurgy Lab • Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulic Machinery Lab • Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Lab • Strength of Materials Lab • Dynamics of Machinery Lab • Engineering Mechanics Lab • Thermal Engineering and Heat & Mass Transfer Lab • Work Shop – (Carpentry, Fitting, Sheet Metal, Welding, Machine Shop and Smithy)
Academic Calendar of Mechanical Engineering Department
16,113 total views, 14 views today
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)